Who We Are
Amazon.com has been rated one of the most admired companies in the US, #1 most innovative, and #1 in Customer Service. Amazon’s technology business has a history and tradition of leading the world in Web-related technologies and services. Now, with Amazon Web Services (AWS) you have the chance to help individuals and businesses take their computing infrastructures and applications into the Cloud. You will be at the forefront of Cloud technologies with interactions across the full breadth of AWS services. You will be surrounded by people that are smart, passionate about cloud computing, and on a mission to be the World Class Standard for Customer Experience.
The AWS Kumo team delivers technologies and experiences focused on driving customer success as part of the AWS Support organization. Our team owns customer facing applications like Trusted Advisor, Personal Health Dashboard, AWS Forums, and Support Center.
We are a highly innovative global organization revolutionizing the way customers engage and seek help from AWS. Our global customers include very large Enterprises, Public Sector organizations, and fast growing businesses and internet companies. Support provides a strategic advantage for customers adopting AWS and drives direct revenue to the business.
Who We Need
The AWS Kumo Product Management team is looking for a smart, customer-focused, and creative leader with a strong background in product innovation to define, develop and deliver the product strategy for new products. In AWS we look for strong owners to lead the definition and delivery of their product space. We have a large team of personable and tenured product managers to partner with.
Specific responsibilities include the following:
· Create the product vision, strategy, and roadmap for internal and external customers
· Align the efforts of multiple teams across Support to deliver an integrated experience for customers
· Manage the entire product life cycle from strategic planning to tactical execution
· Define features, create project plans, and write user stories
· Partner with software development and design teams to deliver on product roadmap
· Develop campaigns to create awareness and increase service adoption for the target market segments
· Establish goals and review metrics to identify opportunities and measure success
· Research and identify new opportunities for AWS to innovate on behalf of our customers
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Female / Minority / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
ideal candidate will clearly be passionate about the large opportunity
that the cloud (AWS) space presents, with a track record of success in
delivering products and services for the IT industry. He or she is a
strong leader who can prioritize well, communicate clearly and
compellingly and who understands how to drive a high level of focus and
excellence with a strong, talented team.
· Bachelor’s degree required in Business, Computer Science, or related field and a Masters of Business Administration (MBA) preferred and/or strong, relevant experience
· 8+ years of experience in a technical product leadership role within e-commerce, online advertising or other related domains.
· Strong track record of shaping business strategy for technical products or services
· Experience in setting product definitions and roadmaps
· Experience working cross functionally with development, design, and marketing teams
· Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to influence others internally and externally
· Ability to analyze data, problem-solve, and scope business requirements
· Strong understanding of the cloud industry
· Experience creating services offerings for Enterprise level customers
· Experience creating B2B service offerings that cater to a wide audience
· Experience managing Software-as-a-Service technology products and managed services
· Excellent judgment
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role