In almost every enterprise solution there will be a requirement for some sort of database, but which service should you use, and how should you architect it? This learning path has been compiled to introduce you to the different AWS database services and some of the features relating to AWS database types.
- Gain an understanding of the different types of database services available to you within AWS
- Be able to recognize and explain the various database services offered by AWS.
- Identify and select which database services might suit a specific use case or requirement
- Be able to create an RDS database
- Define the differences between DynamoDB and other databases
- Understand when to use DynamoDB, or when not to use it
- How to create DynamoDB tables, understanding and using best practices for table design
- How to read and write data in DynamoDB tables
- Be able to configure DynamoDB triggers to work with AWS Lambda
- Enable you to recognize and explain the AWS Database Schema Conversion Tool
- Learn to recognize and explain when to use the AWS Database Migration Service and to recognize common-used cases
- Recognize and implement best practices when using the AWS Database Migration Services
- Understand the differences between Multi-AZ instances and Read Replicas
- Understand the different techniques and methods used to implement Multi-AZ across different DB engines
- Understand the limitations and subtle differences between read replicas across different db engine types
This learning path has been designed for those who are responsible for maintaining and managing databases infrastructure within AWS. It would also be advantageous to Solution Architects and those looking to take an Associate or Professional level AWS certification.
You should have a basic understanding of AWS core services and VPC infrastructure